Welcome to the Registration Page for the 2018-2019 National History Bee
Middle School & Elementary School Divisions!
Sponsor registration is available now, and here is how it works!
1. Here is a link to access the form that is used to create an International Academic Competitions Sponsor Profile. This form should be filled out by a parent, teacher, administrator, homeschool coordinator, or other adult who will be responsible for overseeing the participation of a student or group of students who will be competing in the National History Bee’s Middle School or Elementary School Division this academic year. You must create a Sponsor Profile before you can register for the different stages of the Bee.
2. Under your Sponsor Profile page, please complete the Initial Registration which is free of charge. This will let us know to send you updates over the course of the year, and send you the optional materials for an intramural History Bee if your school or homeschool association is interested in conducting one (which is NOT required).
The deadline for the Initial Registration is 3:00 PM EST on Friday, January 25, 2019.
3. Beginning on November 1, on your Sponsor Profile page, you can then register students for the Online Regional Qualifying Exam (ORQE). Students must take the ORQE by midnight EST on the evening of Friday, January 25, 2019. Individual scores on the ORQE will not be released publicly. We will inform sponsors as to which students have qualified for Regional Finals in the final week of January after the exams are closed.
4. Registration for the National History Bee Regional Finals will open in late January in the Sponsor Profile page and will be based on student scores on the Online Regional Qualifying Exam which will not be made public. Students who qualify for the Regional Finals will be notified through their sponsors in the last week of January. If registration does not fill for a particular region, then additional students may be notified during the first two weeks of February. Registration for the Regional Finals will run through the first two weeks of February, though certain Regional Finals locations may fill prior to that, and IAC reserves the right to keep registration open longer beyond the first two weeks of February for certain tournament locations that have not yet reached their field cap.
5. Registration for the National Championships will open in mid-February 2019 in the Sponsor Profile page after the first Regional Finals are held. Registration for the National Championships will be done in two stages, with a certain number of students allowed to register for the National Championships immediately after each regional tournament, and a certain number of students placed on a waiting list, and then allowed to register if space is still available at a later date.
6. Registration for the National History Bowl Regional Tournaments for the Middle School Division is done using the form linked here. Tournaments can be registered for on a rolling basis once tournaments have been confirmed. Please see here for a list of tournament sites.
7. Registration for the 2019 National History Bowl Middle School National Championships will open in early 2019; a link will be provided here when available.
For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org