International Academic Competitions is planning on holding Regional Finals tournaments for the National History Bee this academic year in each of the regions listed below. Most tournaments will be held on Saturdays or Sundays, and will be held in conjunction with the Regional Finals of the National Science Bee and a regional tournament for the US Academic Bee. All three competitions will take place at different times during the day so that students can compete in all three events if they are interested (and qualified to do so in the case of the History Bee and Science Bee).
Certain events may be held on weekday afternoons and evenings, particularly on Fridays; in these cases, there would not be a Science and Academic Bee at the same site on the same date. The projected dates are listed next to each region though these are subject to change. No events will run prior to February 15, however.
Students will be assigned to a principal and a secondary Regional Finals location based on their location and other factors. If they qualify for the Regional Finals, they will be permitted to sign up for either of those Regional Finals locations but are asked to prioritize their principal location. Students from the same school may attend either assigned location, but no student will be allowed to attend both locations.
In most cases, the primary region will be the closest site to their school, though this may not be true in all cases.
Events are grouped here by region for convenience sake in locating your nearest sites; these groupings do not have any further relevance, however. For further questions about scheduling, please email email@example.com
Northeast & Mid-Atlantic
1. Baltimore – Saturday, March 28, Burleigh Manor Middle School, Ellicott City, MD
4. New York City North
5. Long Island
6. New York City South
7. Philadelphia North
8. Philadelphia South
10. Washington – Saturday, February 22, Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Alexandria, VA
11. Atlanta North – Saturday, February 29, Creekland Middle School, Canton, GA
12. Atlanta South – Saturday, March 28, Mason Creek Middle School, Winston, GA (tentative)
19. Tampa/St. Petersburg
24. New Orleans
25. Chicago North
26. Chicago South
28. Miami Valley – March 14, Beavercreek High School, Beavercreek, OH
31. Kansas City
35. St. Louis/Central Illinois
37. Los Angeles
38. Portland – Saturday, March 14, Columbia River High School, Vancouver, WA
40. San Francisco
43. Southern California